Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Its pool time again!

For those who are not native Floridians pool days may stretch year-round on your visits to our lovely state, but for a thin blooded Miami girl- no way. Not that I don't relish in the fact that I was laying out pool side mid January but the icy depths of my little pool remained untouched until yesterday. Hooray! I was able to get ALL the way in, the water was still a bit chilly for me but the 90 degree air temp made up for that.

With pool time back that means in water cross training. I love pool workouts! I am like wonder woman in the pool 100 crunches- no problem (on land 20 and I'm dying). Hopefully actually doing some cross training, rather than just thinking about it will help improve my run time. This week I have not gotten much mileage in yet a 3 mile and 1.6 mile so far tomorrow I will try to get in at least 5 if I can get out the door early enough. The Women for Women 10k is right around the corner and I would really like to finish in under 1:15.

No comments:

Post a Comment