Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pixie Dust any one?

So I will be the first to admit that I am not a Disney fanatic. I don't have any Mickey sweatshirts, Goofy hats or even a single snow globe. I do enjoy Disney though. Being a Florida native I have spent my fair share of time in the parks. From my first trip with my mom in go-go boots and me in my metal stroller( all sweaty with Mickey pop schmeared all over my face) to a field trip to Epcot with my sons second grade class and countless times in between.

 I am , however, finding it hard not to get caught up in the RunDisney craze and thoughts of running through the castle with a tutu and a tiara suddenly seem like a really good idea. I'll admit I have signed up for the Princess Half Marathon before, with full intention of running it but I was sidelined by a shoulder injury, surgery and then just life. So here it is March 2013 and I am chomping at the bit to register for next years race. All the pictures of smiling faces, waving hands and shiny medals from this years race are just fueling my fire.

RunDisney meet ups, race retreats, Minnie Mouse sneakers I want them all! What has happened to me??!! Have I lost my mind at 40-possibly! I only hope I can find some one to drag along with me as I will not torture my husband with this one -he agreed to run the Tower of Terror 10 miler with me I'm not going to push it :)

A Disney non-fanatic confession... I have one of these...
 
Yes a cast member name tag. Albeit a Disney Store cast member but one none the less. Oh and be sure to notice my coveted "ears of service"! I admit it I worked at the Disney store, and I loved it- every minute until Disney shut our doors. A large part of the time I was there we were not actually owned by Disney but were bought back by them not long before our store closed. I was really sad, it was a just a part time thing I did around my ER schedule but it was so fun, even with the hideous uniforms! If there were one near me now I would go back in a heartbeat.

So maybe there is a little, just little, bit of fanatic in me. But I will never buy a snow globe.


No comments:

Post a Comment